Drawing a Day 023-The birthday

Cartoon 3466 / Drawing a Day 23

Woman with cake to older woman, "Look, Ms. Goldie, I'm sorry I put, 'Sweet eighty six and never been kissed,' on your cake."

Yes, birthdays are on my mind. I had one last week, so I'm the old woman, except I'm a middle aged guy.

I did this in pen and ink before taking it into Photoshop. There is a marked difference between this style and the last one I did. I waver between using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for a cartoon. Illustrators has it's advantages in that it is bold and graphic. I can blow it up and I don't have to worry about an illustration getting pixelated. However, Photoshop allows me to put some texture in the illustration.

Let's say they are like my kids; I love them both. Though if I had to make a choice, I'd choose my kids.

No comments: