Spear Cartoon 3207


Cartoon of a man in his back yard. The neighbor's dog is raising a fit. The man says, "Love your neighbor and put-up with his pooch."

Love towards one's neighbors can be a challenge, especially when he isn't a model citizen. Sometimes, the neighbor can be all right, but his dog may act like an obedience school drop-out.

To all my neighbors, I hope my dog has not been acting like Cujo lately. I promise I will try to be a model citizen. If I fall short a few times, please forgive me. I'll show a little mercy too. Let's face it, we all need that from time to time.

This was a cartoon I drew seven years ago. I updated it and posted it the new version to my website at www.kevinspear.com.

I drew this in Adobe Illustrator CS2.

2 comments:

Gwynne said...

What about when your neighbor's dog keeps climbing the fence into your yard and getting your dog all worked up? That's a challenge too. This cartoon hits home. :)

Gwynne

Debbie Meyer said...

Uh-oh. I can totally relate to this from both sides of the fence. My dogs are ALWAYS going after the squirrels and barking like loons. AND the neighbor's dogs are always barking at MY dogs. The other neighbors probably hate them all. (squirrels included) I should make sure to give them something good at Christmas. :)