Illustration Friday-Wilderness


Illustration Friday-Wilderness, originally uploaded by speartoons.
This is my sketch for Illustration Friday. This week's word is ";wilderness" Whenever I think of wilderness, I envision the old Hanna Barbera, Yogi Bear cartoons. As a kid, I thought everyone was mean because they wouldn't feed the bears. This is how I would have liked those cartoons to turn out.

My idealism changed when we went on a vacation to the Smoky Mountains and I saw a bear charge a tourist. That settles it. It's not a good idea to feed the bears.

I drew this in Adobe Photoshop

6 comments:

michele said...

Funny! It's a whole different experience to encounter a bear in the wilderness, isn't it?

MrBibleHead said...

Great one Kev! Love your line work and the idea. Thank goodness we can still feed the cartoon bears :o)

Connie said...

That's a pretty cute bear and I share your desire for the utopian setup where you can feed the bears; we ended up with one in the car in Yellowstone (about 50 years ago!).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
E. Thompson said...

Cute bear with sharp claws. Cool interpretation.