Illustration Friday: Confined


Illustration Friday: Confined, originally uploaded by speartoons.
Illustration of a mom and two children looking at the snow from a window. There is nothing like a snow day to bring the joy to children and depression to parents.

Yes, my kids have a snow day today. And mom is home with the gang. I hope she is having a better day than the poor women in this illustration.

I drew this for Illustration Friday. This week's word is "confined."

I drew this in Adobe Illustrator

5 comments:

Jonny Gray said...

Ha! I don't have kids, but I can empathize with the mom. Trapped at home, myself, in the wake of a winter storm. Not so bad, but we didn't move the car to the bottom of the hill, so...

Love this. I am trying to learn AI, but vector graphics are slow going. Really like the gradient work on the steam coming from her cup

Kevin Spear said...

Thank you, Johnny. The gradient is a transparency mask combined with the feather effect in Illustrator CS3. I hear it's easier in CS4 since you can add transparency directly to a gradient.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

M J Muir said...

This is a perfect idea. When my kids were young I remember Ontario freezing rain days when I felt confined. Nothing stopped the kids from playing outside though.

Danny Dodge Live said...

That just about says it all. Keep up the great work Kevin!

台中短租套房-夏卡爾 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.